View the web version
Hi there, hope you're having a great Friday!
This is Colm and Simon from CommerceGurus, with a handpicked weekly roundup of eCommerce articles.
After many months we're delighted to finally release the latest version of our Shoptimizer WooCommerce theme and its companion plugin, CommerceKit.
There are lots of fantastic new features including:
- Product badges. Add labels to your product cards such as 'Bestseller' and 'Exclusive'. Example
- Size guides. Assign a size guide to your products and give more detailed information to customers before they purchase. Example
- Free shipping notification. If your store offers a free shipping option over a certain value you can now display a progress bar within the sidebar cart and on the main cart page.
- Vertical scroll gallery layout. Example
- Simple scroll gallery layout. Example
- Sticky filters button on mobile. You can see this on the Shop or Catalog pages on your phone. Example
- You can now swipe Related, Upsells, Cross-sells on mobile. See a product on your phone. Example
See the full changelog, and the update guides
Query Monitor is by far the best tool to analyze WordPress performance bottlenecks. With this tool, you can quickly discover which plugins or even which theme functions are causing your site to slow down.
Plugins or theme features which retrieve 1000s of rows when they only need access to 10s of rows will lead to excessive RAM usage and excessive PHP time.
Dave Hilditch has written a very useful guide to teach readers how to identify and solve most WordPress performance issues on your own using this plugin.
Learn How to use the Query Monitor Tool to solve WordPress Performance Problems
I saw an interesting thread on the Post Status Slack group a few weeks ago which asked the question, "What are the must-have plugins you need to install when setting up a new WooCommerce store?"
One that came up on a number of occasions is the Sequential Order Number for WooCommerce plugin.
This plugin enables you to re-arrange or format your existing and new WooCommerce order numbers into a consecutive or linear format. Using this custom order number plugin, you will always get sequential numbers for your WooCommerce orders.
See the Sequential Order Number for WooCommerce plugin
New TikTok for WooCommerce plugin launched
WooCommerce has released an official free plugin for Tiktok.
You can sync your store catalog, install the TikTok pixel for campaign performance tracking in one click, and set up ads to target your audience.
If you have an eCommerce business that targets younger demographics in particular, advertising on TikTok could reap substantial rewards.
Discover the new TikTok plugin for WooCommerce
Sometimes coming up with just the right words is difficult. Copy Book gathers various examples of interface copy, all tagged and grouped by categories and mood.
So whenever you need a copy for a design or if you ever get stuck in the middle of development, you can use this resource.
Take a look at Copy Book
That's it for this edition. Simply reply to this email if you have any questions or suggestions, we read every message. Have a great week and best of luck with your projects!
Colm and Simon from CommerceGurus